Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration by day, Monuments by night!!

greetings from da haba' !

Sorry for the delay in posting, but my social calendar has really been interfering with the day to day operations of my life... i know, i know; it sounds pretty rough....rigght??

I had the privilege to be in Washington, DC Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of this week!  I was able to meet some amazing new people and reconnect with many others.  My sister Suzy and her husband Gardy and their four chillin's were able to come hang out for a few days with me - which was totally awesome! We were able to connect with Warren and Bonnie Zahner Saturday afternoon, spending a night on the town - trekking along the boardwalk and harbor.

I had the unique opportunity to attend the 2013 Inauguration on Monday 1/21.  A friend from CT was able to secure two tickets to the Inauguration and Ball!  We spent the majority of Sunday night walking around viewing some of the monuments by night (AMAZING...!) pics are below!  Monday we took the red line in to the city, hopped off at Judiciary Square and proceeded to spend the next 3 hours, waiting with the other 999,999 people to get through security and get to our reserved spot!  I am 99% sure the inauguration security detail is the reason our country is experiencing an economic crisis...holy fbi/nsa/tsa/cia/mpd; i've never seen so many guys with large caliber weapons...several people tried to jump the fence and were swiftly and sternly reminded that they were citizens, not protesters...it can be described as "mass, organized chaos"! I tried to catch Barak's attention a few times during his speech, but he seemed to ignore me...! pffft; people these days....anywho, what an experience...to say the least! 

CONCLUSION: I hope to enjoy many more future presidential inaugurations from the comfort of my couch via cnn.com!

STILL WAITING TO PASS THROUGH SECURITY..
nice view of Capitol Hill though!

" THE GOLDEN INVITATION "

" THE TICKET "

PEOPLE, PEOPLE AND MORE PEOPLE....EVERYWHERE
literally, no room anywhere!
like a slow game of human bumper cars
LINCOLN MEMORIAL



WORLD WAR II MEMORIAL

LINCOLN MEMORIAL - VERY SURREAL EXPERIENCE

WW II MEMORIAL

WASHINGTON MONUMENT

EVAC BANQUET 2013 - NICOLE !!!

EVAC BANQUET 2013 - KAITLYN!!! :)

EVAC BANQUET 2013 - ALEXIS !!! 

PANORMAIC VIEW OF THE CITY - FROM da' PAD !!

No comments:

Post a Comment