Wednesday, November 20, 2013

home, sweet home..!!

Hey!!  A month has passed and my blog continues to cry for my attention; so without further delay....

The Hoffman Legacy at Hopkins has ended (at least from full time status).  And by Legacy, I mean, Subaru Legacy.. my car will no longer be seen ripping into the parking garage, full steam ahead, 10 minutes past the start of my shift, or sneaking out half hour before my shift ends..!! :)

All jesting aside, and for real, my experience as full time Hopkins employee, is over; specifically November 5, 2013 at 2100.  Although I still hold lecture privileges at a few of the colleges there, my time as a critical care transport nurse and paramedic is done! And what a wild ride it was...I can safely say that this was a time that I will never, ever forget, for the rest of my life.  I am very grateful for the connections I have made and the opportunities that I have had...

So, as a final and lasting tribute to my time with Johns Hopkins....to all of those that work beneath the dome; keep it alive!! Here's to a very bright and promising future...!! :)


"THE DOME"; THE SIGNATURE OF JOHNS HOPKINS
In a conclusive effort to finalize my time in Baltimore, Maryland, I re-recruited the help of my original moving crew...and they gladly accepted??!!  In under two swirling hours, we had my place broken down and completely packed into a trailer...it is totally amazing how much stuff a single person can accumulate...the boys came up with an easy solution....; asking me which part of George Washington bridge I would like them dump the contents of the trailer over..???!! The summary to this story, is that my belongings made it safely back to a CT storage unit... intact and dent free.

THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH...YOU ROCK!! :)








To celebrate my last weekend as an official Washington DC local, a group of my friends came down from CT and we served lunch to some of the close friends and families that "temporarily" adopted me...welcoming and treating me like a King during my time there!!  We spent Saturday night trekking (for houuuuurrrrsssssssss) around DC; which was totally amazing and super fun!!


THE WHOLE CREW... :)
Despite all the recent changes in the my life, one thing has not changed....SCHOOL! As one of my final semesters comes to a close, I can honestly say that I am totally done; burnt to an academic crisp; and the funny thing is....I LOVE BEING IN SCHOOL.  Maybe its the subject material, maybe its the professors, maybe its the endless flow of papers, or perhaps just my poor attitude.... or an unhealthy combination of it all!! Whatever the source or reason, I happily look forward to a month from now...being COMPLETELY DONE!!

The picture below was sent to me by one of cohorts and I think it pretty much expresses my thoughts exactly....


PRETTY MUCH

As a volunteer with the American Heart Association (medical advisory), I was recently asked to participate in a panel discussion on the topic of "cutting through the clutter of social media"..!!  The meeting was held down in Old Saybrook, at their local Inn and Spa.  Well attended with several of the AHA local and federal executives, a three person panel spoke for about 2 hours on social media.  Joining me was Representative Ritter and an senior executive from NBC Connecticut...and I think that between us, we were able to shed a little bit of helpful light on the issue!!  When I left, I snapped a quick photo of the CT coast, complete with blue sky and light house; all characteristics of CT living!!




Until the next time... :)

1 comment:

  1. A special thanks to Sam, Seth, Tom & Dave who did a wonderful job supporting and helping you.
    We'll miss your beautiful apt. It was a fun place to come and visit :) However, we are so glad to have you back home. I Love U, Mom

    ReplyDelete