Wednesday, December 19, 2012

FAMILY TIME and more...!!!

Howdy! I just got back after a 5 day vacay in CT; spent lots of time visiting family and friends and had a wonderful time.  This past Saturday was the 2012 Mark Hoffman Immediate family Christmas and, as expected, was a little bit o' fun, little bit o' crazy and definitely a time to be remembered by all !!!  As I have mentioned in previous posts, family is something that I have come to largely appreciate and Saturday did nothing to disprove or disappoint that!! :)

Tuesday night, after a short 45 min flight, I arrived back to my "other" home on the Inner Harbor and found things exactly the way I left them....with the exception of warmer weather and lots of christmas cards and pictures - keep em' coming... !!!.  I was never sooo happy to be returning to a place where I could call 50 degrees warm, but I'll def take it...I think I'm cut out to be lifelong south of the MASON DIXON snow bird :)

AGAIN...THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE REMEMBERED ME WITH CARDS, LETTERS AND PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday is back to the grinding grindstone; much of this week will be spent in an advanced airway management class, where we will learn to secure a patient's airway....the highlighted moment of the introductory class was "you guys...air goes in the lungs, not in the stomach" !! After spending over 10 years in nursing school and professional practice, sometimes, the most basic is the most relevant.

I think the picture (from work) below accurately represents three essential dynamics of a good time: education, teamwork and happiness!!! :)

I am looking forward to John and Erin + 6 to come visit this weekend!!!! Harborview Community better break out the umbrellas cause' there's a storm coming... LOL :) !!!! can't hardly wait to see all of u!!

Until the next time...

advanced airway management simulation...LARYNGOSCOPY GALORE !!!
" GET THAT MANDIBLE UNDER CONTROL "

family christmas....good time had by all !!! :)


Brother - Sister portraits... :)
at least my eyes are open, but where's the smile... dude??


funny faces... two of my favorite nephewssssss
stick dat' tongue out.... three more wicked cool kats !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment